Sunday, February 24

Evaluation: Question 7

Looking back at your preliminary task (the school magazine
task), what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it
to full product?


 
On the left is my premilinary task, which was to create a school magazine. On the right is my music magazine.
 
What I have learnt from doing the preliminary task...
I think that my photography skills have improved. Before I used a background that had a tree in it but I know now that it is more professional to use a white background, it also makes the text on the page easier to read.
I had more confidence with my second model and I could tell her exactly how I wanted her to be positioned which made the outcome how I wanted it to be. I also learnt how to give a direct mode of address when photographing my model, in the first task the models were sideways on to the camera, but the second time the model is facing straight on to the camera.
The layout of the second magazine is much better than the first.
In the school magazine the articles are jumbled on the left hand side and there is only one article on the right hand side. I think that the music magazine is better because there two articles on each side which makes the whole page look more even.
I have learnt to use other features on a magazine such as anchorage text, a skyline, a puff and the issue number and date.
 
On the left is my school magazine and on the right is my music magazine.
 
What I have learnt from the preliminary task.
I have learnt that it is important to have the page number at the bottom of the page, this makes sure the reader can identify the pages and their articles.
It is important to have the magazines name on the page somewhere so that the audience can identify it.
I now know that having all of the articles on the contents page looks too jumbled and unprofessional so in the music magazine I chose the most interseting ones. I also had a features box which shows everything that is on the cover with a brief description of it.
In my second task I had images that related to articles in the magazine and I numbered them so that readers could go to those pages with ease and not have to read all the articles on the contents page.
In my music magazine I included a subsription box which I used to attract cusomers and further promote my magazine.
I also learnt to stick to three or four colours within the magazine to keep continuity within it.
On my second task I used fonts that were very clear to read which is one of the most important things to remember and what I did not do in my first task.

No comments:

Post a Comment